Nexus 6P & 5X: Complete Specification, Review And Features: Last year Google had unveils their two flagship with two different manufactures one from Huawei(Nexus 6P) and one from L.G. (Nexus 5X).Now it’s over a year and let’s see how it perform in current scenario and compete with today’s market.
Both have nice design pattern with different looks and specs. Both companies crafted their phones with different material and different screen sizes. Nexus always be a good Smartphone offering from Google since 6 years and it continues to grow.
This year Google turn to LG again to make Nexus 5X after the Nexus 5 which also a good phone. Google also first time make their flagship with Huawei. Both phones are drawn to different customers in the market to have their choice.
Nexus 6P & 5X: Complete Specification, Review And Features:
Both Phones comes with latest Snapdragon Processor’s Nexus 5X equipped with Snapdragon 808 hexa core CPU with Adreno 418 with 2GB of LPDDR3 Ram and Storage option of 16/32GB. While on the other side Nexus 6P have Snapdragon 810 Octa core CPU with Adreno 430 with 3GB of LPDDR4 Ram and storage option of 32/64/128 GB both phones comes with Single Sim option with LTE bands.
- L.G makes Nexus 5X with polycarbonate Unibody enclosure with the screen size of 5.2-inch with dimension of 147 x 72.6 x 7.9 mm (5.79 x 2.86 x 0.31 in) and weigh 136 g (4.80 oz). LG has changed design Nexus 5X with many factor like size, material and thickness. While Nexus 5X comes in three colour option of Carbon, Quartz, Ice. Both phones have front facing speakers which gives good sound.
- Huawei drafted Nexus 6P with all metal unibody enclosure with the screen size of 5.7 inches with dimension of 159.3 x 77.8 x 7.3 mm (6.27 x 3.06 x 0.29 in) and weigh 178 g (6.28 oz). Huawei is the first nexus comes in full metal design which is very sleek and beautiful design. Huawei offer Nexus 6P with three colour option of Aluminium, Graphite, Frost.
Both phones have front facing speakers which gives good sound.
- While both Phone has different form factor with has come with different display resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels (~423 ppi pixel density) LCD display for Nexus 5X and 1440 x 2560 pixels (~518 ppi pixel density) AMOLED display with display shows good display quality with very nice colour reproduction, wide colour gamut, sharp text and nice overview.
- Nexus 5X comes with screen protection of Corning Gorilla Glass 3, oleophobic coating and Nexus 6P with Corning Gorilla Glass 4, oleophobic coating.
Processors, Graphic, RAM & ROM
- Both Phones have different processor Nexus 5X with Snapdragon 808 which is hexa core CPU clocked at Quad-core 1.44 GHz Cortex-A53 & dual-core 1.82 GHz Cortex-A57 with 2GB of Ram and GPU Adreno 418 which makes it good phones for good day to day activity with low power consumption and gives phenomenal gaming and multitasking performance.
- While on the other side Nexus 6P have Snapdragon 810 which is octa core CPU clocked at Quad-core 1.55 GHz Cortex-A53 & Quad-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A57 with 3GB of Rand with GPU Adreno 430.
- Both phones don’t give room for expandable storage.
Operating System & Fingerprint Security:
- Both phone run with new Google Android version 6.0.1(Marshmallow) Nexus always makes you feel up to date with releasing Android latest version runs on their phone. This is very good feature which never let you down and felt cheated after purchase phone Android other OEM not able to get new Android OS to run on their phone so they make optimization to make able to run on their phone which is time taking process and require patient for waiting for software update over month.
- Both Nexus phones have the entire feature that runs on Marshmallow like Android Pay, Fingerprint Sensor, Doze mode and many more. With all these aspects Nexus stands apart all the Android OEM’s.
- Overall software optimization on both phone run smooth you never feel lag or hang issue and no shutter or frames drop while working on apps.
- Both phones have new aspects as Android release it new OS (dubbed as “Android N”) developer preview which consist much more advancement and optimization.
- Both phones have different battery capacity Nexus 5X has Non-removable Li-Po 2700 mAh battery which manage to run about 4-5 hours and Nexus 6P has Non-removable Li-Po 3450 mAh battery which makes it able to run about 5-7 hours.
- Both phones have same 12.3 MP sensor with f/2.0 aperture 1.55 μm pixels also have IR laser-assisted auto-focus which helps phone to get very good focus and very fast and have dual flash which give true flash light imaging. Both phone capture 4K videos at 30fps.
- While Nexus 6P comes with OIS(optical image stabilisation) which makes it give good images at night. Both phones can record slow motion video at 120fps and 240fps (Nexus 6P only) and time lapse video.
- Both phones have well offering in market until now it’s fact that more powerful processor come in the market like snapdragon 820 which gives mind blasting performance but still Nexus able to run all apps and games present in play store so on performance point of view it doesn’t lack much and still outperformance many Smartphone out there in market. Nexus imprint is very awesome fingerprint unlock with very responsive and very fast to open lock and has tremendous response and setting is very much easy and placement on these two phone makes is very comfortable to use.
- Nexus have all the connectivity option like LTE cat 6 with single sim option Wi-Fi 802.11ac 2 x 2 MIMO, dual-band (2.4 GHz, 5.0 GHz) with Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, GPS, GLONASS and Digital compass. Nexus has adopted Type-C new industry offering with very insanely fast charging Nexus 5X charge at about 1 hour and Nexus 6P fills out about in 1 hour 30 min both come with a charger adapter of 3 Amp
- Google introduces customizable cases for Nexus 6P and 5X introduced for $35. In addition to a companion wallpaper, the Photos version of the case comes with a customized photo gallery. The Places version helps you create a stylized map of your location of choice for both the shell and the screen. All the design is handled by a web app and you can choose between a matte or glossy finish.
Price: Nexus 5X 16GB version starts with $300. And Nexus 6P 32GB version starts with $460.
More to hope
- Nexus had released last year and in this year Google’s appoints HTC to make their next flagship after many time long at about 6 years as the rumours suggest. It should consider new processor, many internal and external changes.