To Everyone’s surprise, Google revealed its next major Android Version i.e v8.0 and called it as Android Oreo. Following the Solar Eclipse earlier the name was revealed during a live stream & this is not the very first time that Google has partnered with some other brand for naming any Android Version. You all also must have known & enjoyed the Android v4.4 that was named after a chocolate brand i.e KitKat. Though the name ‘Oreo‘ is licensed from Nabisco but as all of you are very much aware of the Android 4.4 KitKat which showed up Android branded KitKat bars into the stores around the World that time, we can expect Oreo Biscuits having Android brand name this time.
The Android v8.0 Oreo Is Officially Announced Now
We have already talked so much about the earlier expected Android version name as Android O in our previous articles but now we will be taking you all through the changes that have been introduced with the so called Android Oreo.
- Behind the scene changes include Background limits for Apps, improving battery life.
- Some Bluetooth Audio Improvements, for better-enhanced communication & soulful music listening experiences.
- Google Play Protect will be helping on the security front.
- Important changes in the Vital System Behaviour for the Apps built specifically for Oreo.
- Improved Faster Boot Speeds (up to twice as fast on the Pixel).
- Better Autofill Implementation with Android Oreo.
- Additional Support for Android Instant Apps.
- User-Facing changes include Adaptive Notification Dots.
- Will have wider support for Picture-In-Picture Mode.
- Will include Over 60 New Emoji in it.
- New look for Media Notifications & Quick Settings Menu included.
- The Settings Menu, Adaptive Icons, Notifications Channels & the Octopus Easter Egg will be seeing a redesigned theme this time.
For more newly added features & Everything about Android O you may also visit our previous post: Everything you need to know about Android O.
When Will The Android 8.0 Oreo Arrive at The Devices?
Although Android v8.0 is a much more stable version of whatever we have seen before it will be important to note down that the final version of Android Version 8.0 will not introduce many changes that haven’t been already seen in earlier Android O Developer previews.
Google also stated that they also have been working closely with their partners, and by the end of the year, the hardware manufacturers including Huawei, HTC, Essential, General Mobile, HMD Global, Kyocera, LG, Motorola, Samsung, Sharp, and Sony are all scheduled to launch or upgrade devices to Android v8.0 Oreo.
According to Google the Android 8.0 will start rolling out first to all the present users having Pixel & Nexus devices while the Google Pixel, Pixel XL, Pixel C, Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X, and Nexus Player will get it sometime sooner. Users who have already enrolled in the Android Beta Program will automatically get the update to Stable build of Android 8.0 Oreo.
Whoever else is waiting for their Android device to get this major update may remain in touch with us & we will let you know as soon as the information arrives on to the Google Developer Website.