What To Expect In Android N:Google is about to release it’s new Android OS a.k.a Android N. Android platform is among biggest OS platform which connects about 1billion people so this tough job to hold this much of consumer and provide them highest level of superiority and convenience to use their OS. So Google update it’s Android each and every year since the release with all new features and UI change which looks good work excellent.
Google has tough job to grab customer attention as their rival iOS and Windows also many different things to offer with different UI. As earlier this year Google has unexpectedly releases developer preview for user who wanted access of Android new OS before the release and also for software developer to use certain API but finally today Google will release it’s new Android OS in Google I/O which is yearly event for developer.
What To Expect In Android N:
Now let’s talk about Android N so far Android N or rumor codename “Nutella” as it has same design pattern as the Lollipop material design topped with new features like multi window, new settings menu , new emoji , bundled notification little bit of design refinement little bit focus on U.I , background optimisation, new data saver, direct boot, some focus on android tv and much more feature which we’ll see today on google IO.
Android N has Multi-Window
- Android N adds most requested feature multi windows support for displaying more than one app at the same time. On handheld devices, two apps can run side-by-side or one-above-the-other in split-screen mode. On TV devices, apps can use picture-in-picture mode to continue video playback while users are interacting with another app.Handheld devices running Android N offer split-screen mode. In this mode, the system fills the screen with two apps, showing them either side-by-side or one-above-the-other. The user can drag the dividing line separating the two to make one app larger and the other smaller.
Multi-Window Support on tablet
- Tablet user can take the benefit of the new Multi-Windows support as is much requested feature by the user as they can’t take benefit of large screen but now user can use this feature to use side by side apps.
On Nexus Player running Android N, apps can put themselves in picture-in-picture mode, allowing them to continue showing content while the user browses or interacts with other apps.
- Many of us have troubles with notifications bar with shows many app notifications separately which kind of annoying that a chance we miss notifications so android has refined notification bar with bundled notification that separates notification according the apps in single group this is similar to the Notification Stacks feature in Android Wear.
New interactive way interact with Notification
- Android has released new way to reply our notification just from any screen by Direct Reply by this users can quickly respond to text messages or update task lists directly within the notification interface.
- Little bit improvement in Notification bar now if you slide it from above give full bar to adapts sides screen of phone and new slide down animation.
Android N with Quick Reply Easy Conversation with people
- Google has revealed with more optimisation with background apps background processes can be memory- and battery-intensive. By this feature our android phone may last longer.
- Cellular data is limited and we sometime over exceed which cost more. So android identified the problem and releases new data saver by enabling this feature in order to use less data, whether roaming, near the end of the billing cycle, or on a small prepaid data pack.
- When a user enables Data Saver in Settings and the device is on a metered network, the system blocks background data usage and signals apps to use less data in the foreground wherever possible.
- Users can whitelist specific apps to allow background metered data usage even when Data Saver is turned on.
- Android release new pack of emoji more like human. Many new look emoji were present with new look which make easy to express our feelings in more natural ways.
- New emoji more like human Google adopt Unicode 9 emoji coming with Android N. New Emoji Arrived in Android N with all natural looks as also introduces support for skin tone variations and Unicode 9 glyphs, like bacon, selfie and face palm.
Vulkan has arrived
- After long waited time finally google also releases its new graphics rendering api know as vulkan api. Vulkan will lead to “significant” performance improvements for graphic-intensive gaming apps so easily with very nice look. It’s actually already on Samsung’s latest flagship smartphones, which have proven to be killer when it comes to fluid performance.
- As vulkan helps in reduction of CPU usage allows some synthetic benchmarks to see as much as 10 times the draw-call throughput on a single core as compared to OpenGL ES.
- Combined with a threading-friendly API design which allows multiple cores to be used in parallel with high efficiency. As for support not all device able to get this API as it requires a processor to support as like Snapdragon 820 and more while this is more confirmed in event.
- New night made also makes its entry as it basically lowers the blue color and make screen yellow color so person’s eye may not effect with blue spectrum of color. Which is available by other 3rd parties software to download but now it is inside the setting menu and user can use at night as per there timeline.
Redesigned Emergency Info
- Android also updated new ‘Emergency Info’ and it also include new features which allows you to add potentially life saving information as like your blood group,medicines and so on. As this can be access from the right to your lock-screen it also include editing feature which will gives a slight refresh and features a separate tab to add emergency contacts.
- User can add emergency contact as under emergency whom to call. While Google may open API for other developers to use this feature for more depth.
- Emergency app get some bold material design with some bright red header which displays users name, age and phone number. While it can easily accessible by their own separate tab.
No more bloatware in Android N
- Google finally announced that their new Android N will have no more bloatware so manufactures will able redefine the whole UI as their preferences. This means that software likes Google Play Games, Google Play Books, Google+ and Google Newsstand now don’t need to be included on every phone you use.
- As the Marshmallow will get only one software update and get struggled to get in phones so Google have to do some thing in this purpose but soon Android will get a faster updates.
- And other Smartphones from other manufactures will get hand with software soon.
- Android N comes with new setting list view which gives more information of how much we use specific things like wifi, cellular data, ram etc.
- Home screen folders have received a slight redesign. Is now become circular in shape. The design is good as the corners of app icons get cut off looks awesome and convenient for to easily see apps and separate as per their wish.
- Calculator app gets it’s entry in notification bar will be more useful and convenient for user to see and use.
- Multitasking window now get clear all button as this already in many skins of Android but now stock user will kill the app in a go.
- Initial setup user can now set Ok Google voice detection service as they get the phone which get user to do beneficial setting at the initial as if user wanted to do earlier they have to find it and then set voice.
- Lock Screen and Home Screen can get different wallpaper setting so user make their devices more personal.
- Google Now Launcher gets ability to pinch on the home screen to enter overview and change wallpapers, add widgets, and go to settings.
- Multitasking button can be use for changing last app by double tapping the button which helps user to easily swap and between two apps easily.
- By pressing the setting icon or cog on the top of the notification bar opens System UI Tuner Android N provides users more granular control over the behaviour of notifications. As Android adds 6 setting to System UI Tuner called as Min importance, that takes on the functionality of Low importance silently show at the bottom of the notification list. While Low importance now silently shows notifications.
- Also importance bar for normal, high, and urgent importance, also has new functionality. Normal importance now allows notifications to make a sound, High importance takes on the functionality of Urgent importance, and the new Urgent does everything play sound, peek, and remain at the top of the notification shade. Which help user get only information that they want at that particular time.
- Camera UI is also updated as it get some features slightly refreshed interface and has some new functionality. While the design is overall same, but now has a rounded switch camera button and slow motion now shows up in the pullout menu. Users can now also take pictures while shooting video. User can take benefit for this feature while recording video.
- Speech Text also get some refinement as now adding female and male voices to text-to-speech while good also update the Google Now voice more natural. In Android N, users will be able to control the pitch of the text-to-speech voice with a new slider in Settings.User can now make the voice sound very high or low. Additionally, a slider is now used to control the speech rate which feels more control to user hand for their own preference.
- Direct Boot feature add inside the Android ecosystem which enables fast boot time with certain specific aap.
Android latest firmware Release for other OEM
- Last month Google has unveils its developer view for Android N for Sony’s Xperia Z3. It is first time that new version ofAndroid is available for a non Nexus device because Google limited to Nexus devices.
- However, after more than a month of release of Google unannounced developer preview Android N and it is surprise for many Android users as Google never ever release its latest developer builds for other OEM but they starting with Sony.
- Google to release its developers preview 3 today which will het some more features and update which surely redefine UI and include more features as we are expecting much more to come.
- Google beta program available for Nexus 6P, 5X, 6, 9, or Pixel C by simply enroll their listed device on Google site and they will provide over-the-air update for their latest build.
- Google may release its public version on September of 2016. Adoption in android ecosystem is always show very slow pace many current android partners still offer Lollipop (34% people of still use) and Marshmallows (2.3% people use) which is last year version. Google has to make its ecosystem to adopt many consumers quickly not only nexus user use it as soon as it release as compared iOS adoption rates iOS 9 has over 80% adoption so google has to do something.
As we focus what’s new operation system has to offer