OnePlus 3: Is It Settle Yet or Not?: It’s been two-year when we met a company which self claimed them a flagship killer and after two offering the release their third flagship OnePlus 3 from OnePlus. OnePlus 3 really changes the way OnePlus thinks about previous smartphones as OnePlus has done a grand experiment to make this smart phone look like $600-700 but only cost around $300 which make this device more interesting as counterpart like Galaxy S7, HTC 10 or more cost way above $300.
OnePlus really learns something from their predecessor and built this smart phone with nice refinement and with new feature. As OnePlus 2 doesn’t have NFC which really a silly mistake. While OnePlus 3 is first OnePlus Flagship with whole new metal design.
- As earlier version have plastic or other texture back while this year OnePlus completely change mindset to metal by adopting metal make this device a beautiful crafted piece with nice make over antenna band and so on.
- New AMOLED display with Optic AMOLED panel which makes this device perfect in deeper black while Color reproduction of the device is phenomenal and refresh rates are amazing. Resolution of the device is still Full-HD as Q-HD is still obsolete from OnePlus as it take more battery.
- Device is not only interesting from outside as from inside it has fastest RAM of about 6GB which really make this device multitasking way beyond capability as things are faster and smooth. While the device is powered with Snapdragon Flagship processor 820 which is really a powerhouse with great performance and energy efficiency. While device has storage option of 64GB inbuilt memory without any expansion.
- OnePlus 3 Fingerprint sensor is really a miracle in biometric unlock system as it’s open within 0.2sec faster than iPhone 6s TouchID. New Dash Charging is really awesome technology as it gives about full day of power in half an hour of charge while Dash Charging works great if you use the device as many other smart phone slows down charging if phone heat up while Dash Charging maintains the same level of performance in that situation. Camera of the device is nice with 16MP on rear side while on the front is has 8MP which really capture best snaps. Other things like Wifi, Bluetooth are good. Without further a do let’s tell you about this device.
OnePlus 3: Is It Settle Yet or Not?:
- New OnePlus 3 is really magic in metal while earlier offering support plastic back which gives kinds cheap experience which metal give elegant look to this device. Anodized aluminium back with two shades of color really looks good.
- With Antenna bands around corners and back really make device good at its looks. Holding device on hand with so sleek by chamfered edges make it more comfortable to use it, thin and light design make it use more. While size of the device is optimum for all user as device is not so big or not to small easy to hold and use.
- Looks of device front side has fingerprint sensor, headpiece and front camera on top, on the back side device has lining of antenna bands, OnePlus Logo and Rear Camera while on the side it has alert slider and volume button while on the either side it has sim try slot and power button. While on the bottom side device has one side speaker on the other side has headphone jack with microphone and middle of this has Type-C port for Charging and Syncing purpose.
- Dimension of the device measure 152.7 x 74.7 x 7.4 mm (6.01 x 2.94 x 0.29 in) and weigh about 158 g (5.57 oz) while holding and using device on daily cycle is not an issue. User can get this device in two color Grey and Gold while there is special and limited edition red model come any time soon
- OnePlus this time put some effect to display as they have adopted same 5.5-inch display with Full-HD resolution while this year OnePlus uses Optic AMOLED display as display is good but not able to much up Galaxy S7 Display while color reproduction, deeper black and color saturation are still awesome. Display is often good at night with OnePlus Night mode and sunlight readability is nice. While using device doesn’t create eye strain even for longer usage.
- As we look display spec device has 1920×1080 resolution display with resulting 441 ppi and Corning Gorilla Glass 4 so scratches doesn’t make mark on it while device is pretty fragile and can be broken up to pieces if get higher drop from more than 6ft.
- OnePlus make this device really over the flagship as we think it have flagship processor and about 4GB of RAM while OnePlus 3 took a place further in Spec as it is powered with Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 820 CPU with 6GB of humongous RAM which really make it device a really heavy-duty Multitasking as there are no slow down hiccups while using device and RAM management Fix works nice to make this device is nice energy and power efficient while there are about 20 apps in background which run simultaneously without any issue and swapping between app is just like fluid.
- As from inside device has Snapdragon 820 Clocked at Dual-core 2.15 GHz Kryo & dual-core 1.6 GHz Kryo while GPU is Aderno 530 which later support Vulkan API as the arrival of Android Nougat which makes gaming and VR experience like never before. Device 6GB of DDR 4 RAM really works perfect while for Storage device only have 64GB option without any memory expansion which make user little sad as more storage user don’t have any option. Playing High End Games like Assassins Creed, NFS, Asphalt 8 and more doesn’t get any hiccups to device while app also run nice and fast.
- For Connectivity device Support LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac,Bluetooth V4.2 and NFC. As NFC now become more demanding by arrival of Android Pay and NFC is really cost too much to OnePlus for OnePlus 2 which obsolete NFC which makes fan sad. Apart from their device have Type-C connector for Syncing, Charging and Audio Output while Audio Output is new for OnePlus. Device also have 3.5mm jack for headphones.
- Fingerprint sensor of the device is best part of it as it unlock device within flick of eye as it opens up in just about 0.2 sec as fast as iPhone 6s TouchID. While perfection and less error for recognition made unlocking more loveable. OnePlus has given wake to watch notification as unlocking unlock device without any notification.
- OnePlus has put solid engineering to make Camera for OnePlus 3 as they put OIS and PDAF in a single camera which make night life imaging nice as memorable things always happens at night. While dynamic de-noise make night capture hazel less.
- Overall camera of the device is pretty good while day light image is nice and color output in image looks fabulous detailing and capturing saturation is nice. Pixel domain and focus of the device is good while shutter speed is also fast so you wont miss any moment.
- While on spec sheet rear camera measure 16MP sensor with f/2 aperture while it has (OIS+PDAF) both. Night light imagine is power with LED flash. While video on this device is capture about 2K @30fps , 1080p @60fps and 720p @120fps. One the front device has 8MP sensor with f/2.0 aperture while selfies and moment capture on device is nice.
- Camera app of OnePlus offer many new tools as there is auto mode so it mange itself exposure and shutter speed while you are professional can go to Pro option to you can control all the tool while video interface is pretty simple to use and slow mo can capture by swapping downward .
- OnePlus has revolutionise the charging industry as they don’t built any super fast charging which charge full device in about 30 min. But Dash Charging as OnePlus called it charge device for full day usage in about 30min but the best part it even if you using device charging will not slow down charging and charge device within 1 hour. New 4Amp charger gives great power to device charge instantly.
- Battery on the device is about 3000mAh which is 300mAh less than previous gen while super optimisation make this device run longer even more than Samsung Galaxy S7. Playing games and using App don’t let eat up more battery as it gives about 5-6 hour of usage.
- OnePlus is overall based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow which is blended with Oxygen OS which add little feature like Dark Mode, Led Notification Color, Wave Hand to Show Notification, Double tap to power screen and much more which make Oxygen OS nice. Shelf In Oxygen OS is nice way to put favourite app, contact, widgets and background and nice way to arrange all to user choice. While overall interface is more over Android Marshmallow with little tweaks.
- Optimisation of Oxygen OS to OnePlus device is perfect for each other as there are no hiccups or lag face during hovering around interface it is fast and fluid. Setting up device and fire app is pretty easy for new user and easily run device without any issue.
OnePlus 3 get nice make over from earlier devices as flagship killer title this year make any charm to this device as company also put slogan out of there agenda.
While using the device make you feel using device like Nexus as it very fast and don’t feel slow downs here and there. While after heavy critics over NFC OnePlus 3 has this which make easier for user to pay online payment with authentication of fingerprint.
Camera, Display, Design and Battery is best part of this device while Performance is main part of it. Capturing details, Vivid display, Fabulous design, Longer Batter and Beast Performance what makes it OnePlus.
So you can use this device for daily purpose as it is cheap in cost which is major reason of this device while feature mentioned above support this device thumbs up to go for it.