Announced: Specs Required For New VR Headsets From Microsoft: According to Microsoft the requirements for running the new Virtual Reality headsets from Microsoft have been decided & out now, as disclosed by the official team of Microsoft last month. These specs are not very hi fi & are estimated to be a minor ones for those interested in the tech. They should be able to run on a lot of old versions of PC’s as well.
Specs Required For New VR Headsets From Microsoft:
Complete list of Specs required for running new VR’s from Microsoft are as below:
- The CPU: The CPU required must be Intel Mobile Core i5 (Some what like:7200U) Dual Core with Hyperthreading equivalent. Of course this is not a strict requirement & few computers should be able to run it. You will be able to run it even if you have a U processor in your device, it is fine as long as it is over i5.
- The GPU: The GPU required must be Integrated Intel HD Graphics 620 (GT2) equivalent or greater DX12 API capable GPU. Near about every NVIDIA & AMD GPU is DX12 capable & that is why it should not be any issue with the requirement. Additionally you can also use Integrated Graphics if it is HD 620 or higher.
- RAM: You will be required a RAM of 8 GB plus a Dual channel required for Integrated Graphics. The RAM like this must be little searching but not a major issue greater than $400 – $500. For desktop users it will be more easier to have it & use it.
- INPUT: The input requirements will be HDMI 1.4 with 2880 x 1440 @ 60 Hz or HDMI 2.0 or DP 1.3 with 2880 x 1440 @ 90 Hz. Although most of the modern computers will be having this specifications you only have to make sure that whether you are having an HDMI port & it is not very older one.
- HDD: Hard drive requirement will be 100 GB + SSD (preferably)/HDD. The 100 GB of hard drive storage is not very hard to attain now everyone must be having the space. However, Microsoft recommends an SSD for getting an optial speed but if you don’t have one you will be fine with the HDD as well.
- USB: The USB 3.0 Type-A or USB 3.1 Type-C port with a display port Alternate Mode is required. Now most of the latest motherboards are already having the USB 3.0 type ports but fewer new things may be required in some cases.
- BLUETOOTH: For running new VR’s Bluetooth 4.0 for accessories will be required. Although the Bluetooth 5.0 just got released so that’s a not very big deal that you device must be having a Bluetooth 4.0 at least. Must check for it as not every motherboards are having it.
So these were the requirements as listed by Microsoft for running the new VR’s of the company. Just check them out & be prepared with the matching hardwares for having a newer experience of the VR’s from the company. Although a PC would take advantake over anyother device in terms of hardwares, compatibility & availability of the same. Keep visiting the website for more updates from technology related informations.