Google Unveils Its Second generation Pixel Smartphone Series At An Event: Last Year Google brought up its first ever smartphone device for its users i.e Pixel & Pixel XL & as promised by the head of hardware division from Google, the searching giant isn’t only for Googling anymore. Here we go exactly after a year or so with the company showing its seriousness being a contender into the crowd as Google has recently unveiled its next generation of Pixel devices i.e the Pixel 2 & Pixel 2 XL during an event. You must know that the Pixel 2 will be featuring a 5 inches of the OLED display while like the last time the Pixel 2 XL will be coming in the larger size, having a 6 inches of display. However being an Android Oreo device both of them will be leading up Google to 2018. The company although has also brought up with their new wireless Earbuds they called as Pixel Buds but for that, we would be talking & describing you in a separate article soon.
Here You Go With The Next Gen Pixel 2 & Pixel 2 XL Smartphones From Google:
Google CEO i.e Sundar Pichai also told during the event that “We’ve been working on software and hardware together because that’s the best way to drive the shifts in computing forward.”
Each year, Google worked with a different hardware partner, including LG, Huawei, and HTC, to put out the phones. The Nexus program ended last year when Google decided instead to introduce a branded phone, the $600 Pixel.
Some Uncommon Facts About Pixel 2 & Pixel 2 XL:
Unlike today’s trend & demand these second-generation pixel devices don’t have thinner bezels & the dual camera setup at the rear end, however as per Google the Pixel 2 & Pixel 2 XL is equipped with such a great tech camera that wouldn’t need a Dual setup anymore. Additionally, these Pixel devices feature uncommon squeezable sides & also shaking off their headphone jack this time along with having a fully water resistant body.
These second generation Google Pixel devices are the first phones to be having the Google Lens. That is an additional Camera feature that was learned back in May this year. As these devices don’t have any dual camera setup, it may be a huge buying factor too as both these models are having the same camera setup & the company is hoping it to top the best-in-class low-light photography of last year’s Pixel and beat out the fine-detail quality and portrait modes of phones that have two camera lenses, doing the work with just one.
Although the first smartphone device to get launched with Android Oreo was the Sony Xperia XZ1 that was recently launched, these Pixel devices will also run on the latest OS from its very owned i.e Android.
Detailed Specifications & Features For Second Generation Pixel Devices:
Well its always very tough to judge a smartphone device just from the visuals lying at the exteriors of the handset & such may be the case with newly unveiled Pixel 2 & Pixel 2 XL, so we will be taking you all to some quick & detailed features & specs of the device before making any type of judgement.
Let’s get started:
- Both devices run on Android 8.0 Oreo.
- Google search bar relocated at the bottom.
- At a Glance, shows important info like day calendar, traffic, flight status & much more.
- The camera has much Improved Portrait shots & OIS.
- Always on Lockscreen option for showing notifications while the screen is turned off.
- This time it supports Google’s ARCore for AR/VR content developers and is compatible with Google’s AR/VR platform Daydream.
- Squeezable sides for quickly launching the Google Assistant.
- Display of 5 inches for Pixel 2 & 6 inches for the Pixel 2 XL.
- Resolution of 1920 x 1080 & 2880 x 1440 pixels respectively for Pixel 2 & XL.
- An aspect ratio of 16:9 & 18:9 for Pixel 2 & XL respectively.
- No Headphone Jack this time but that made the phone even thinner.
- Pixel Exclusive feature i.e Music Detection works even in the background & even in Airplane mode that can be manually turned off.
- Water resistance with IP67 standards included.
- More durable Corning Gorilla Glass 5 used.
- Top bezel & bottom chin are even thicker with a Camera bump this time.
- Facial Algorithms & Depth mapping image sensor combination used for blurred backgrounds for a dramatic, short depth-of-field effect.
- Taking Bokeh images even with the front-facing camera is possible now.
- Additionally, with the OIS, the camera uses data from the gyroscope and peeks at the video frame ahead to stabilize footage.
- Improved Camera aperture of f/2.0.
- Enabled Motion Photos with the ability to record the video for 1.5 secs before and after a single shot.
- Increased Dynamic Range & better Noise reduction, improves HDR+ in Pixel 2.
- Camera Optimized & calibrated for AR support & brings along AR stickers.
- Unlimited cloud storage for photos in original resolution till 2020 like last year’s offer.
- Google Assistant & Camera’s Photo App Integrated with Google Lens.
- Included Lens scans through a camera & tells about the world around like Samsung’s Bixby Vision App.
Price & Availability Of Pixel 2 & XL:
The Google Pixel 2 will be featured in multicolor variants like Just Black, Cleary white & Kinda Blue while the Pixel 2 XL will come in Just Black, Black & White variant options. Although pre-orders for both these devices can be done right now in the US & UK. While Australia will have to wait until 20th October for placing a pre-order of the newly launched device. Availability in the US retail stores will start by 19th October while you can also get it through Verizon, the Google store, Project Fi & Best Buy also. The devices will be available with two storage options i.e Pixel 2 with 64GB storage costing about $649 & with 128GB storage option it will require $749. While the Pixel 2 XL with 64GB will cost about $849 & with 128GB it will cost $949.