Qualcomm @CES 2018: Announced Breakthrough Low Power Bluetooth SoC QCC5100 Series: Qualcomm announced about its subsidiary Qualcomm Technologies International Ltd. to be introducing a new Qualcomm Low Power Bluetooth SoC QCC5100 series, which has been designed for helping the manufacturers to develop new generation of compact, Rich featured, Wireless Earbuds, Audio Hearables and Headsets. This SoC series has been engineered for reducing power consumption by up to 65% (both Voice Calls & Music Streaming) as compared to the earlier single chip based audio solutions. In order to enhance the audio quality & extend battery life & playback time in the wireless audio devices & go as per user needs, the company is making these necessary upgradations.
Qualcomm Low Power Bluetooth SoC Announced @CES 2018:
This QCC5100 series Low Power SoC is designed for offering more freedom & flexibility to the OEMs for innovating with a dedicated application processor sub-system, dual DSP architecture and next generation ADK software with enhanced development tools & techniques. It also features an integrated hybrid ANC in order to help in reducing the complexity & cost that was needed for adding ANC into the Earbuds & other audio devices through eliminating the need of a separate ANC chip. The QCC5100 series will also help in reducing the development time & cost that is needed by voice activated products by combining local voice recognition algorithms running on the Bluetooth audio SoC with leading cloud services running on mobile applications.
We can say that this QCC5100 series is a boom to the wireless audio device manufacturing industries as it has numerous features that will save lots of money & time while delivering a much superior quality sound at the same time. Some of its listed features are as follows:
- Voice Assisted Services (sensitive to even low power wake word detection).
- Embedded ROM & RAM and support for external Flash memory.
- 2-ch 98dBA headset class D (integrated amplifier).
- 2-ch 99dBA line inputs (single ended).
- 192kHz 24-bit I2S & SPDIF interfaces.
- Flexible software platform with powerful new IDE support.
- Low power design and ultra-small form factor.
- Dual-core 32-bit processor application subsystem.
- Dual-core Qualcomm® Kalimba™ DSP Audio subsystem.
- Support for aptX and aptX HD, Qualcomm TrueWireless Stereo, and Enhanced ANC (Feed-Forward, Feed-Backward, Hybrid).
- Bluetooth 5.0 and 2 Mbps Bluetooth® Low Energy support.
This QCC5100 series SoC architecture supports low power performance and includes a Bluetooth 5 dual-mode radio, low power audio and application subsystems. Designed to serve various “on-the-go” consumer use cases requiring robust, high quality, truly wireless listening experiences, the platform supports advanced features including Qualcomm® TrueWireless™ Stereo, Qualcomm® aptX™ HD audio, Integrated Hybrid Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) and third-party voice assistant services.However, It will be interesting to see that how Qualcomm can help manufacturers in overcoming the common and significant design challenges for ultra-small form factor headsets and hearables according to the day to day user demands.
For Full Coverage Of The CES 2018, Visit: CES 2018 At Tech Awareness.
Read More About The CES 2018 Products:
- New Forerunner 645, 1st Garmin GPS Watch That Can Store Music – CES 2018.
- Smart Bed That Will Adjust Itself To Stop You Snore – CES 2018.
- Amazon Alexa Make Its Pave For Windows 10 Platform – CES 2018.
- Upcoming Wi-Fi 802.11ax Providing Connectivity With Lots Of Devices – CES 2018.
- Sennheiser HD 820 & CX 6.00BT Announced – CES 2018.
- HP Announces Series Of Products With Intel’s 8th Gen Core i7 Processors – CES 2018.